From the various things I had set out to do, these are the one's I'm doing and the once I aint...
- Drink more water - try to keep track of qty drunk - Target: 1 gallon/day
>>> I have upped my water intake for the most part. Not consistently though. Also I'm not tracking my consumption so cannot say how close I am to hitting the gallon a day mark. I'm probably close to 1/2 gal/day
- STOP late night snacking
>>>> Been successful at doing this for the most part. Some nights are bad but those are rare.
- Wean away from reaching for the candy jar (I have a sweet tooth and I know I cannot completely give up on it)
>>>> Reduced considerably but not given up completely
- Build an exercise routine - at least 3-4 days a week - cardio, weights
>>>> Failed miserably at doing this. I must say I did not attempt this with any effort at all. This is definitely something I should start soon.
- Exercise portion control and attempt to consistently count calories - plan on using caloriecount.about.com
>>>> Been doing very good at portion control both at lunch and dinner without ever starving myself. Water intake before meal, whole wheat bread, fruits, etc. are some of the things that are helping this.
I have not been using caloriecount...but I'm pretty sure I've been within 2000 cals most of the days.
- Sleep at least 6 hrs/night
>>>> Weekly average of 6 hours is being met but not on a daily basis.
- Weigh in every Friday and monitor the weight gain/reduction on a weekly basis
>>>> Been doing this every Friday morning. Three weeks later, I am tracking at 189-190 lbs. I have lost 3-4 lbs over the last 3 weeks, which is in line with my target of a pound a week.
However, these initial pounds that I've been losing are the easy on, easy off ones. They were more of a bloat due to bad habits over the last few months as opposed to gradually gained over a few years. After I lose another couple of pounds, I know it would get harder and I will have to add exercise to the mix. So I better start working on it now!