Made some Asparagus yesterday, thought I'd share some with you. For those who like asparagus, they're on sale at Publix for $1.59/lb. They are usually around $3.50/lb.
Recipe? Sure! It's pretty simple...
Around a pound of Asparagus
4 cloves of Garlic - chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Directional directions (yes, not absolute, just directional, go crazy improvising):
1. Wash the asparagus.
2. Hold an asparagus, one end in each hand and bend it until it snaps into two pieces. Throw away the bottom of the asparagus. Use the top one as a scale to cut the remaining asparagus around the same length. The bottom half of the asparagus stalk is very fibrous and inedible (unless you pressure cook to tenderize it, perhaps?)
3. On a hot (but not too hot) skillet, pour 2 tsp olive oil. Add to it the chopped garilic and saute for half a minute.
4. Add the asparagus and topic it with the lemon juice and saute for 4-5 minutes
5. Add salt and pepper per your taste preference
6. The asparagus is done when it can be easily cut with your wooden spatula. I don't like it cooked too soft but I guess that's also a personal preference.
Serve hot. A pound should serve two people. Folks have asparagus as a side to steak or other meat dishes. I'm a vegetarian and have this as a side to rice and lentils or just by itself